Friday, March 3, 2017

Traveling flowers, Live your life and Happy day

My 10-year Blogoversary was on February 19.  I almost let it get by me!  I've spent a little time going down memory lane looking back at old blog posts, so I chose a photo from 2007, another from midway in 2011, and a new one from February 2017 - a card from a special friend.

A photo I call "Traveling Flowers" from the first year of Good Things Happened in 2007.  My friend Ginny picked these flowers from her garden one day, when I was visiting her family, and presented them to me.  I was leaving for a few days at the house by the river in the mountains, so I tucked the vase in the cup holder of my car, and off we went.


From December 2011:  This barrel outside a recovery shelter for men reminded me of an important lesson I often forget for myself: "Live your Life" - enjoy it, be happy and love whatever it is you choose to do.
I wish just that for everyone.


Great Niece Kloie made this card for me, in the shape of a butterfly, on my birthday last month.  I adore that at age 7, she knows that there is always something to smile about.

Here's a quote I like, spotted this morning on the Mozilla Firefox home page:

"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."— Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks

The best part of blogging has been meeting all of you!  Thank you for coming by - I appreciate your friendship.

16 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Lynn this is a beautiful post top to bottom. I know where you niece gets her smiles:-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lynn! Happy blogoversary. It is always great to go down memory lane. It is a reason I blog, to keep memories. The flowers are pretty, so glad they went with you. Love the quotes, great advice. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Cloudia said...

What a fabulous post you share with us, Lynn! <3 Many many more!

Adam said...

I was just cleaning up my following list for blogs that haven't been updated in months/years. Making it to ten years is special. Some don't make it to six months. I'll be at 7 years in November.

Elephant's Child said...

The warmth and the wonder of the blogosphere is a gift isn't it? A very, very generous gift.
Have a wonderful weekend. And happy blogoversary.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Blogoversary! You chose great photos for this post!

Lee said...

A wonderful trip down memory lane. Boy, oh, boy! I love that first photo...stunning!! :)

Susan Kane said...

Hurray on your anniversary! Excellent memories and photos of years as they went by.

Kay G. said...

Oh, happy Blog Anniversary.
There is always something to smile about! I love that card, thanks for sharing it here!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - congratulations on 9 years ... and into your 10th ... those photos and thoughts from your journey ... especially those words of advice -and your niece's card .. just a delight to read and see ... cheers Hilary

Crafty Green Poet said...

Happy blogoversary!

G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on making it to 10! I'll be hitting 10 myself Memorial Day weekend.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lynn, best wishes on the blog milestone. I agree that the best thing about posting is hearing from such great folks and reading their blogs as well.

Lady Fi said...

Happy 10 year bloggiversary! That is a long time. I love the first photo with the flowers.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Yep, mine got past me, the 100,000 views got past me, n I do think the friends here are wonderful! Especially you! I love that card- you always give me reasons to smile. good pic choices!

Louvregirl said...

Hey Lynn! It has been my pleasure to 'meet' you and to participate in any fashion in your blog!!!!