Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Berries and lace, out to sea and a beautiful day

- The photos today are from a walk at Chatuge Dam in Clay County, North Carolina, when I was there July 4th weekend.  I took so many photos, I just have to share a few more.  You would have to click to enlarge to see the wild blackberries growing on a vine there.  They looked pretty beside the Queen Anne's lace - a much more beautiful name for the wildflower than its technical name Daucus carota.  When I was a young bride-to-be, the mother of my best childhood friend made centerpieces for the tables at a party they threw for me, out of pink roses and Queen Anne's lace she picked from the side of a road nearby.  I always think of Maxine when I see them.

- The trail runs alongside a campground and I just managed to snap a shot of sailboat with its colorful sail, sailing gracefully out on the lake.  Click to enlarge. 

- About 1/2 mile left until the end of my walk when I'm at this point - emerging from the shade of the pine trees.  My car is at the end of that paved drive.  It was a beautiful day.  

This week - three sisters from three different states are converging for our annual sisters weekend.  And we're going to the place we love best - the house by the river.  There is really no way to read blogs when I'm there, so I'll catch up when I return.  Have a great week!

15 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Enjoy your sister outing and grace us with some more of these beautiful pictures when you return.

LL Cool Joe said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip and take many more great photos too! Have fun!

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Up close the berries are really pretty.

Elephant's Child said...

You do share some incredible beauty. Thank you.
I hope your sisters hook up is full of love and laughter. Have a wonderful time (which I am sure you will).

Leonora said...

I love the image of Queen Anne's Lace with pink roses and I love the idea of three sisters meeting at a lake. Have a blast!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - Chatuge Dam looks a wonderful place for a day out, a walk, sail etc .. great outdoors - lucky you ...

Then this coming weekend have lots of fun with your sisters .. relax, walk, chat, laugh and generally just have family fun ..

Happy times - cheers Hilary

Sara said...

I always enlarge your pictures. They are beautiful as is, but fantastic when seen in their full size:~)

Have a great time on the visit with your sisters and I look forward to your return:~)

Riot Kitty said...

Enjoy! You know of so many beautiful places.

Louvregirl said...

Ooooh! Hope your time with your sisters was grand Lynn!

lg! :-)(I just saw mine. It was great as well!!) :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Have a GREAT time with your sisters....These are lovely lovely pictures.....They don't get bigger for me when I click them, darn it....

Jannie Funster said...

I love all the photos! Feel like I was there with you.

have a wonderful Sisters weekend, which I know you will.

And you'll always be a young bride-to-be to me.


oxoxo

Snaggle Tooth said...

Berries n lace- great visual concept, n pic too! Good centerpiece idea-
Wish I had sail time here, but would have to rent one. No time yet for fun. Looks like a nice spot!
Quite a pretty place to walk, n a long walk to the car.
Have fun with your sisters- I haven't seen mine in over a year now- n miss them.
Will see you at catch-up time

Sparkling Red said...

I remember how much fun you had at your sisters weekend last summer. I hope it's as good all over again!

Lee said...

What a lovely spot to take a walk. I'm sure you sisters will have a wild and wonderful time together - you're having as I write! Don't get into any trouble you lot...of if you do...deny it! :)

Sara said...

Just to let you know, the picture of Whiskers is up at my site. It is such a cool picture -- there's so much to see in it:~)