Friday, October 11, 2013

Lemon tree very pretty, flying south and sign of the season

- This Meyer Lemon tree that my friends bought when we were in Seaside, Florida last March.  It's still in its pot, but it's popping out lemons all of a sudden, even though no one ever put it in the ground.  I hear there might be Meyer Lemon preserves in the offing.

- A flock of geese forming a V and flying south.  The geese in the front jockey for position before they situate themselves and take on the next part of their journey.

- Taking time to get a flu shot, not that it's worthy of much mention, but someone must have coached everyone at the HMO about being friendly.  Three people, beginning with the woman at the guard desk, asked me about my day.  It's good to be friendly and caring, even if it seems coached.  :)

Woo hoo!  It's the weekend.  I love an October weekend (actually all weekends, but particularly October because of the lovely weather.)  I hope you have an extra good weekend, my friends!

16 comments:

TALON said...

Oh, yes, those signs of autumn. The birds are seriously flocking here...practice runs held all over town. The noise is crazy!

Wow - a lemon tree. Very pretty! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Glad you're ready to brave the germs of the coming months, Lynn!

Have a beautiful weekend.

Susan Kane said...

Flu Shot! Yes, I need to get one!
I love Meyer lemons.

Elephant's Child said...

Mmm lemons.
Have a great weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Too early to tell about my weekend....But I hope yours is truly Wonderful!

Chatty Crone said...

Isn't the weather wonderful? I got my flu shot today. Heard it is rampant in Florida!

Riot Kitty said...

Well hey, that's better than someone telling you all about their day!

G. B. Miller said...

Pleasant surprise about the lemon tree there.

Granny Annie said...

I have never heard of lemon preserves. Are they anything like orange marmalade? Now I am curious.

October mornings bring in the sounds of birds softly chirping as they make their plans for the day while trains rumble and whistle in the distance. The geese appear confused as they head north then make a wide swooping turn toward the south. I love being in the country.

Lee said...

My lemon tree (which is in the ground) generously gives me great crops of fruit; but my potted lime tree is just hanging on by its roots, the poor little thing. It's looking very sorry for itself; and I feel sorry for it every time I look at it!

I hope your weekend is great, Lynn. Sunday here and yesterday I was very slothful...but enjoyed being so! :)

Magia da Inês said...

°º✿✿°•.¸

Passei para uma visitinha.
Boa semana!
Beijinhos¸.•°♡彡
¸.°º✿♫ •°
°º✿✿Brasil°•.¸

Ileana said...

I have a lime tree, which I love. Your lemon one is beautiful!

I'm with you on October weekends. November-April is an ideal time to be in South Florida. I welcome the cool change.

Lynn said...

Talon -

I'll bet you really have an exodus up there!

Yes - when I put it in the title I sang it, too. :)

Susan -

I'm glad I went ahead and did it.

Meyer lemons are so yummy.

Lynn said...

Elephant's Child -

I had some Meyer lemon preserves last winter that was so good.

Naomi -

It was truly wonderful. :)

Sandie -

Wonderful weather!

Lynn said...

Riot Kitty -

True. :) It's just obvious they have been coached.

G -

Yes?

Granny Annie -

Yes - with bits of peel in it. So good - sweet / tart.

I'll bet it's lovely where you are.

Lynn said...

Lee -

I'm sure that hot weather you have is wonderful for the lemon tree. The lime tree sounds as if it needs to visit me. :)

Slothful is OK!

Magia -

Thanks for coming by!

Ily -

Your best time is coming up then.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Work was very busy all week-end, a big one here with the last one with King Richard's Fair n festivals. I have one last tiny tomato out there to pick, but it's still green.
I've actually never had a flu shot.